The Cycling Bug
Cycling Bug members
By creating a Cycling Bug account and becoming a Cycling Bug member users automatically consent to the full terms and conditions of The Cycling Bug, and agree to the following:
i) The Cycling Bug can send me email newsletters, promotions and other information.
ii) The Cycling Bug can send me email newsletters, promotions and other information from carefully selected partners and sponsors.
General terms and conditions
By using thecyclingbug.co.uk website you are accepting these terms and conditions of use, which have been clearly made accessible for your perusal. The Community Bug Limited, the parent company of therunningbug.co.uk and thecyclingbug.co.uk, reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions of use of this website whenever we see necessary.
1.1 The Community Bug Limited takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the content provided by this website and shall not accept responsibility for any type of injury or death as a result of the interpretation of the content provided within this website.
1.2 The Community Bug Limited cannot accept any responsibility for any websites linked to from any part of this website including blogs and forums with other user generated content and links. Users who use these links must do so at their own risk, although The Community Bug will where ever possible vet these links prior to adding them to the website.
1.3 The Community Bug Limited may at any time and without notice or reason terminate the membership of any user.
1.4 The Community Bug will not tolerate the upload of posts, content, videos, images or anything else that we consider to be offensive, harmful, threatening, unlawful, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, hateful, racist or ethically objectionable. Any members found doing so will be banned from using the website and reported to the applicable authorities if required.
1.5 The Community Bug Limited does not allow private information of our users to be taken from this website and prohibits its use including contact details for the use of marketing, spam or similar. Users found doing so will be reported and banned from using the website indefinitely.
1.6 In no event will The Community Bug Limited or its directors, employees or associates be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including the loss or profits or data as a result of using this website.
1.7 By entering into a competition, you consent to being contacted by the Promoter in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Promoter may contact you via email, phone or post in order to keep you updated about your entry into the prize draw.
Oakley rewards terms and conditions.
1. To claim your reward participants must sign up to The Cycling Bug website fully completing each page of the sign up process
2. Oakley Rewards will start on 30th June and will end on 31st October at midnight.
3. To claim the reward you must log three rides of at least 10 miles in bugmiles. The three rides must have taken place within 4 weeks before 31st October.
4. Entrants must be a resident in the UK and aged 18 years or older. The Cycling Bug reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity.
5. Employees and families of the promoter, its agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
6. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
7. By entering into the prize draw, you consent to being contacted by the Promoter in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Promoter may contact you via email, phone or post in order to keep you updated about your entry into the prize draw.
8. By entering this Promotion the Participant agrees that their image, biography and likeness (if applicable) may be used by The Cycling Bug in unpaid promotional related publicity (including photographic shots and interviews), for a limited period of 1 year from the date of the Promotion.
9. If The Cycling Bug is unable to contact a Winner within 48 hours, it reserves the right to award the Prize to the next runner up.
10. The Cycling Bug reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or select alternative winner in the event that it believes that any entrant has contravened these Terms and Conditions.
11. The prize for the competition is an exclusive discount for 20% off of Oakley products redeemable on their online shop up to 28 days after issue. The prize will be posted to the winner.
13. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other Cycling Bug offer / promotion.
14. The prizes are as stated, no alternative prizes are available.
15. The Cycling Bug and their agents cannot accept responsibility for the quality of the product that the winner receives.
16. The Cycling Bug and their agents cannot accept responsibility for the suitability of the kit to the member including size.
17. The Cycling Bug shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although The Cycling Bug shall take reasonable steps to try and minimize the effect of any such failures.
18. The Cycling Bug reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
19. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
20. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these rules.