We launched The Cycling Bug following the huge success of The Running Bug http://www.therunningbug.co.uk – the UK’s fastest growing online running community which now has more than 165,000 members and receives over 200,000 visitors a month.
We’re aiming for similar success and rapid growth within the cycling industry and we’re always keen to hear from bright, ambitious, talented people.
If you’d like to be part of an amazing growth story email email@example.com including a copy of your CV and a short covering letter stating why you’d like to join The Bug.
Running Bug & Cycling Bug internship
Why intern at The Bug?
The Running Bug is a social network for runners with a smorgasbord of exciting features to help people achieve their fitness goals. What makes the site so special is its 230,000 strong community who really champion our key values - support, inspiration and inclusivity.
Those values have helped us become the fastest growing running website in the UK, doubling in size in the last year. And we’re not stopping now. On the contrary, we’re investing heavily to take the site to the next level and reach a million members.
And as if that’s not exciting enough this year also saw the launch of The Running Bug’s sister site The Cycling Bug. Yes you guessed it – a supportive, inclusive social network for cyclists. The Cycling Bug already has over 12000 members and that number is also growing rapidly.
We’re based in Shoreditch, London, at the heart of Tech City, next door to Google Campus, minutes from Old Street Station, and within walking distance of more bars, cafes, and restaurants than even the most social of socialites would know what to do with.
We’re in a good place.
Now this is where you come in…
We’re recruiting two bright, talented, and ambitious interns keen to learn all the skills needed for a career in new media who want to be a part of this exciting growth story.
You’re probably a recent graduate and may have a few years’ experience under your belt in one of the following fields; marketing, social media, html, journalism, digital media, design and generally working on websites.
You’ll also love your health and fitness, regularly running and/or cycling.
What you’ll get out of it
First off we don’t expect you to work for free. You’ll be paid £250 per week for the 8 week internship.
But most importantly you will receive training and gain experience in the following:
- Content creation
- Community engagement
- Social media marketing
- Website management and maintenance
At the end of the eight weeks we’ll review your internship and, if you excel, we’ll look to take you on full time if we can.
Creative production designer
shoreditch • £20,000 - £25,000 + benefits
We're looking for a creative designer with excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how and a proven expertise in designing emails and assets for the site. This is your chance to join a rapidly expanding company and be a part of a huge growth story!
About the Role
This is a fantastic role for junior designer who has excellent online design skills, with a working knowledge of user centric design. You’ll have lots of new ideas and be creative, all of the time. You’ll take ownership of email design and assets for the site, working closely with the rest of the design and development team. Here’s the detail…
- You will have already worked at an agency or e commerce business
- You’d have awesome Photoshop skills, with Illustrator as a bonus
- Understanding of HTML/CSS – ability to code email templates
- An understanding and demonstrated skills with UI/UX
- Starter knowledge of responsive design and keen to learn the detail – desire to work for a mobile first company
- Understand the performance metrics of design – design with a purpose
- A passion for design, digital business and e-commerce.
- The sort of person who comes in on a Monday morning buzzing with ideas.
- Can manage rapid turnaround of ideas into solutions
- Working on your own initiative and with the team
- Has the ability to produce great work and able to multi-task
- Keen eye for detail
- Is curious and a quick learner, desire to constantly improve.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free cycling and running kit to test (should the “fitness bug” take hold of you!)